Friday, September 19, 2014

Cheer you up card

I like to send creative cards to people for various occasions.
This one was made as a thinking of you / cheer you up card.



The base was a sprayed background using Oak House Studio, Inks in a bottle.



The tile was stamped using an Oak House Studio stamp Thoresby Square positive. I inked it once and stamped four times in midnight blue, not inking between stamping.  Bronze pearl detail powder was sprinkled on and tapped off. It didn't stick everywhere, the shabby look was what I wanted.
A stamped heart ( a RAK from an ATC swap) was tucked in the corner.



I wanted to add a metal embellishment, first of all I tried a heart charm.


 I wasn't happy with the look so tried a different charm and layering on wood.


I liked this combination, but thought the wood a bit plain, so I painted it with turquoise acrylic ink (Oak House Studio, now do acrylic inks). They colour beautifully, I used one coat so you could still see the grain.



 Then it was matted onto copper pearlescent paper and a craft card.

I was going to add a quote but decided to step away.

Thanks for dropping by

Lynne x

3 comments: